Welcome to the home page for Wallasey Golf Club, Home of Stableford.
The Stableford scoring system was devised by Dr Frank Stableford, a member of and Club Captain (1936) Wallasey. The first Stableford competition was played at Wallasey on 16th May 1932. Visitors to the club will be able to see the famous painting of Bobby Jones, by artist and Wallasey member J.A.A.Berrie, RA. Jones sat for the painting during his 'Grand Slam' year of 1930, when the Open was held at nearby Hoylake with qualifying at Wallasey.
Wallasey is a classic links, originally designed by Tom Morris Snr., but with many later alterations influenced by such illustrious names as Hilton, Hawtree and James Braid. Recent improvements were designed by Donald Steel. Most of the course is played through sand dunes, with few flat lies on tight, running fairways. The greens are firm and fast, and constant sea breezes make clubbing difficult. Wallasey provides a stern but fair challenge, and is a superb test of golf for players of any standard.
Wallasey was a Final Qualifying course for the Open Championship when it returned to Royal Liverpool (Hoylake) in 2006.
"2014 Jamboree Week" hosted by Wallasey GC, 04-07 Aug 2014 - click here for details & results
WALLASEY GOLF CLUB
BAYSWATER ROAD, WALLASEY, WIRRAL CH45 8LA
Telephone: 0151 691 1024
Fax: 0151 638 8988