The Dining Room
The clubhouse was opened on Christmas Eve 1892, the clubroom (present lounge) commanding magnificent views over mighty sand dunes and the Mersey Estuary. The opening was recorded in a January 1893 issue of Golf which described the clubhouse as “a handsome structure built at a cost of nearly £3,000, delightfully situated and designed to fulfill every possible requirement from both a social and golfing point of view”. A point of view that still holds true to this day.
The original clubhouse was somewhat different from what we see today, although as with most older Golf Clubs there has been a slow evolution of the layout and facilities. The spike bar was an extension built in the sixties and the snooker room, with two full size tables, used to occupy what is now the dining room. The front of the clubhouse was upgraded as part of a Millennium project, however the layout of the main lounge area has changed little over the years.