Wallasey Golf Club aims to operate a contemporary and forward thinking dress policy,
commensurate with a modern day golf club. It is in all our interests to maintain
reasonable standards of casual, but smart dress in keeping with golfing traditions.
The following information is therefore given as guidance to members and guests of
Wallasey Golf Club, both for wear on the course and in the clubhouse.
Conventional golf wear is required.
- In deciding what is acceptable, if clothing is specifically designed for golf or is sold in
the professional’s shop, then it is deemed to be acceptable.
- The following are not seen as acceptable, denim jeans, cargo style trousers/shorts,
beach wear, training shoes, sandals (for gentlemen) and round neck T-shirts.
- Men’s shirts must have collars and sleeves and be worn inside trousers or shorts.
- Lady’s golf shirts that have been designed/tailored to wear outside trousers/shorts/skirts
etc. may be worn. All other shirts must be tucked in.
- Shorts should be tailored, knee length and may be worn with either short white ankle
sports socks (including trainer liner socks) or knee length. (It should be noted that shorts
are not permitted in the Snooker Room).
Clean ‘Soft Spiked’ or ‘Dimpled’ Golf shoes are allowed throughout the Club House,
with the exception of the snooker room & committee room.
‘Metal Spikes’ are only allowed in the Player’s entrance and locker rooms.
‘Loafer’ styled shoes may be worn without socks in the Club House.
Clothing that may have endured the rigours of golf on the course, for example wet or
muddy garments must be changed before entering any lounge, bar or dining areas.
Coats and other outdoor clothing should be left in the changing rooms.
Hats should be removed in the clubhouse.